Fiduciary Standard of Care
What is the “fiduciary standard of care?”
The fiduciary standard of care requires that a financial adviser act solely in the client’s best interest when offering personalized financial advice.
At Horizon Ridge Wealth Management we uphold this standard through our Code of Ethics, adopted from the CFP Board of Standards, and in how we work with our clients. If we believe there is any chance for a conflict of interest our team will disclose it to you ahead of time. In the event where a conflict were to arise unbeknownst to our firm, we will do everything within our power to disclose and assess the impact of the conflict in order for you to be able to decide how best to proceed with our engagement moving forward.
“Only 31% of financial decision makers in families say they have created a comprehensive financial plan either on their own or with professional help, according to the 2012 Household Financial Planning Survey conducted by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.”
Over the last ten years as baby boomers have started to advance from their accumulation stage of life into their distribution stage. As such they have become increasing more aware they may not have the necessary resources to last the rest of their lifetime. It is from this growing concern that the team at Horizon Ridge Wealth Management approaches life’s problems from a financial planning mindset. Each advisor brings a wealth of financial planning knowledge from both the academic world and real world experiences. Together, with our team and affiliates, we provide holistic financial planning for individuals and families needing help with:
- Trying to save for the future while balancing their everyday financial life.
- How their investment portfolios are performing in relation to their financial goals.
- Wanting to learn better ways to manage their finances.
- Looking for ways to optimize income during their retirement years.
- Protecting their family, and/or wealth, from events that may threaten their future.
- Evaluating whether their estate documents match their financial goals.
- Determining if they will run out of money.
- Assessing their complete insurance portfolio to find potential gaps.
- Finding opportunities to manage ordinary income, capital gains, and net investment income tax exposure.
Our Financial Planning Process
We understand life is constantly changing and many people want to work with someone who can quickly adapt to those changes. Our process allows for our team to evaluate, and re-evaluate, each life event, minor or major, in order to assess your situation in real time. Allow us to help you throughout your journey…
 CFP Board of Standards.